The MACK’s mission is to provide art, culture, and education to the region.
Our purpose is to stimulate and encourage participation in cultural activities including exhibits, performances, and instruction. It is important that we actively participate in the economic development of our community and provide a historic and cultural establishment for tourism purposes. We encourage all opportunities to partner with our local, state, and federal government agencies, businesses, teachers, families, and other community organizations.
Our Values …
Stewardship: Forward-thinking, caring, and mindful use of resources to serve visionary needs.
Integrity: Building trust through thoughtful decisions and quality communications.
Teamwork: Collaboration and cooperation to achieve a sustainable and healthy organization.
Respect: Value all perspectives and treat each other with dignity, kindness, and professionalism.
Accountability: Each of us is responsible for our words, our actions, and our engagement.
Positivity: Lead by example, unite our community through our shared human experience and celebrate our community’s cultural achievements.
The McCormick Arts Council at the Keturah (MACK) is the foundation for cultural development in our community. We envision the arts as a deeply embedded part of our community makeup. Through quality arts experiences, intentional cultural investment, and increased educational opportunities – local economic development and industry will grow McCormick in a thoughtful, beautiful, and human-centric way. The arts will continue to improve the lives of all.
Our vision includes continuous quality programming, engaged public awareness that celebrates the importance of the arts, growing talent adding value to our community, and a quality educational system that embraces the arts. We will achieve the capacity to fully serve, inspire and nurture our youth, our artists, and our neighbors.
We believe …
- Art changes lives.
- Diversity creates a learning environment.
- The arts are a critical part of a quality education.
- Our regional talent adds value to our local economy.
- Arts programming should be accessible to our citizens.
- An inclusive organization promotes and sustains a sense of belonging.
- Healthy engagement, inclusion, and social opportunities matter.
- Partnerships and collaboration will benefit the entire community.
- Respect, appreciation, and awareness of our local history build pride.
- Young people deserve to have access to opportunities to explore, create and discover.
- The arts and humanities add value, quality of life, vibrancy, and health to our region.
- Supporting local talent, culture, and development will retain and attract citizens.
- Arts encourage knowledge, understanding, and compassion.